Easter is just a few weeks away, but the girls’ baskets have been done for about a week or so. Remember, holidays are my thing . . . I enjoy shopping and looking for ideas. Also, I’ve got Emily’s birthday party, her actual birthday, and Easter all within a week so I need to make sure my ducks are in row.
I thought I’d share what I put together in case anyone needs a little inspiration for a girly Easter basket.
The baskets are from Home Goods and the initial letters are from Target. Both are several years old, and I love reusing them year after year.
- Starting off strong with some Pez! The girls have never had Pez before, and I know it’ll be a big hit.
- Squishmallows are life at our house right now. The girls love them, and I think they’re pretty cute and comfy too. They aren’t always easy to find, but I snagged two at Target.
- Baby Yoda Pajamas! These are kind of silly, but the girls will love them. I got my nephew, Gordie, a giant Baby Yoda squishmallow for Christmas. That was the first time the girls had heard of Baby Yoda, and they thought he was the cutest.
- Kinetic Sand: The girls have recently rediscovered their love for this “less messy” type of play sand, and they’ll be so happy to get a fun color.
- Plastic Animal Figures: These will be great to use in the kinetic sand, and Lucy loves all things animal related.
- Stickers! I love the cheap sticker books from Michael’s.
- Sandals: These were a random Kohl’s find, and Lucy will love them!
- Sidewalk chalk . . . because you can never have too much! These buckets are from Five Below.
- Mini M&Ms . . . needs no explanation. 😉
- Purrmaid Magnetic Dress Up: This was a splurge, but it was so cute I couldn’t resist. I think it’ll be great to throw in my bag to use at restaurants (remember those?!) or in the car. Oh, and the little metal tin it’s all kept in is darling!
- Koala Water Blaster: First of all, it is adorable! Secondly, last summer the girls had a blast (pun intended) sucking water out of our kiddie pool and running around the backyard squirting one another . . . and me. I’m hoping to recreate that magic this year.
- Wing-a-Bubbles: It’s always fun to play with bubbles in a new way, and I think these wing wands will be a hit!
Look familiar? Yep, everything is basically the same but with different variations of things. HEAVEN FORBID one girl get something in her basket and the other one doesn’t. You wanna see an Easter morning brawl? . . . give the girls individualized gifts. I’ve learned my lesson and have quit fighting it.
Emily is getting purple kinetic sand and these mermaid figures to go along with it.
I chose the Woodland Ballet magnetic dress up tin for her because she’s super into dancing right now.
Different Squishmallows and different sandals.
Did I go overboard? Probably. But a lot of the items (pj’s, sandals, chalk, bubbles) the girls will need anyway.
Sunglasses, bathing suits, water shoes, and pool toys also make great basket stuffers! As do crafts, fresh markers, crayons, or glitter glue.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Leave a Reply