I know things are looking a little different as we kick off the holiday season. We are spending Thanksgiving at home for the first time ever, and I’m about to learn if I’m capable of cooking lots of things all at the same time. Today is when our double oven is going to shine!
We’re sad to not be seeing my parents and family, but as we begin to wrap up what has for sure been a year to remember, I’m trying to count my blessings.
- Our entire extended family has remained healthy.
- Matty has a job that allows him to work from home.
- Our girls still get to go to school face to face.
- We have the greatest puppy ever.
- This is the first year of my life that it is considered acceptable to wear sweatpants on Thanksgiving. (I know there are people who still choose to get dressed up for events at home during quarantine. We are not those people. We get dressed up for things every year . . . wearing cozy clothes for Easter and now Thanksgiving has been a fun treat!)
I know that holidays can be sad for people even during the best of times. I hope that everyone can find at least small glimmer of thankfulness, even after so many challenging months.
Have a great day! If you need me, I’ll be by the cornbread casserole!