It’s Thursday, and it has been a week!
Tuesday marked one week with our Penelope Pudding. She ate a little breakfast and then slept most of the day until 3:45 when she went outside and started vomiting and having diarrhea. Then she’d sleep for a while and then repeat. ugh!
Here she is curled up in a little ball in the corner of her Pen pen.
I was very concerned about Parvovirus, which is very serious/deadly in puppies, so I kept in contact with our vet and then the 24 hour vet once ours closed. The vomiting stopped around 8pm, so they advised that we wait until morning to take her to our regular vet.
The vomiting subsided by yesterday morning, but the diarrhea hadn’t. She tested negative for Parvo, thank goodness, and the vet’s best guess is that she grabbed something out of the grass or off the sidewalk and ate it so fast that we didn’t even see it. Double ugh!
The joys of having a pet, am I right?! She’s definitely on the mend and was back to her normal, feisty, chewing self by last night, so hopefully we’re in the clear! The bad part is now I’m nervous to let her out or take her on walks!
Ok, in other news, the girls and I took a bike ride to the pond at the front of our sub yesterday, and I bribed them with chocolate chips to get a few cute photos. I’d say it was a success!
Sweet sisters . . . at least in the pictures! 😉
Ok, that’s all for today. It’s after 10pm as I type this, and I’m going to force myself to relax a bit before heading to bed. Unless a miracle happens, Penelopooch will be up by 5ish and then I’m meeting some neighbors at 6:30am for a nice long walk before the kiddos wake up.
Hope you have a great weekend, friends!
Leave a Reply