Today’s post is all about our sweet Lucy Belle.
1. Lucy Belle is SMART. Like, probably smarter than me! She is so inquisitive and NEEDS to understand how/why things work. She is 100% her father’s daughter! The questions she asks and the connections she makes blow my mind on a daily basis.
2. She has the memory of an elephant and remembers things we did/talked about two years ago!
3. She’s turning into a little mama and brings her flamingo purse, a stuffy, and books with her wherever she goes.
4. She is STUBBORN! She has no problem saying “no!” to me when I ask her to do something. We’re working on teaching her how to disagree respectfully. It’s so hard!
5. Lucy is our animal lover and is obsessed with dogs. My mama heart wants to get her one so bad, but my clean house loving heart keeps winning out.
6. She currently wants to be a zookeeper when she grows up, which is super cute. In addition, she also wants to have lots of babies and live in the same house as mommy and daddy when she’s older, so it’s a good thing we bought a big house!
7. I can tell that Lulu is currently going through some sort of phase that is causing her to crave independence and be a “big girl,” but she still wants her mommy to hold her and runs to me as soon as something upsets her or she gets hurt.
8. Lucy is a puzzle queen lately. She is so focused when she’s working one on and has her own ideas and strategies on how to complete them.
9. She continues to be a pretty picky eater, but we’re working on it. If you ever want to make Lucy REALLY mad, just put some chicken on her plate! ha! She despises all meat except bacon and breakfast sausage.
10. She’s FINALLY moved on from her multiple years long phase of not wanting to wear a shirt while playing in the house.
11. Lucy is an amazing sleeper!
12. She can push my buttons like nobody’s business . . . and she knows it!
13. Her devotion to Nemo is still strong. That stuffy goes with us everywhere, and he even goes in Lucy’s backpack every time she goes to school.
14. Whenever I ask Lucy what she wants to do, she always says, “Bake something!” While I know I’ve created this monster myself (and I love it, in theory!), the problem is always WHO is going to eat all the yummy treats we bake?!
15. Lately I’ve been seeing some glimpses of a super sweet Big Sister Lucy who wants to genuinely play with Emmy and help her with things. It gives me hope that they’ll become friends some day in the future!
Have a great week!