I hope everyone had a great weekend.
As of the time I wrote this post (yesterday around 8:30pm) we haven’t lost power, had any trees fall, and the girls stayed inside all day so as not get blown away. 😉 This wind bomb, or whatever they’re calling it, can move itself right along!
I’m keeping things short and sweet today. We had 27 HOURS without the girls this weekend! My mom and dad took both girls Saturday and kept them for the night. We love our kiddos dearly, but it was a glorious 27 hours. In addition to a full night of sleep, I do believe that Matty snuck in two naps!
This is my new favorite picture of Emily. She discovered my stash of sprinkles in the panty and LOVES to carry them around or put them in her shopping cart. It’s going to be a sad day when she figures out how to open them, and I have to move them up higher.
I wanted to go to Costco Friday morning, and it was like pulling teeth trying to get the girls ready. They were running around the house like crazy, tormenting one another, fussing, and just creating general mayhem. Of course, by the time I was ready to get in the car I found them both sitting quietly in their rooms reading.
It was a beautiful sunny day on Friday. After Costco and lunch, we put Emmy down for a nap and headed outside for a bit! Lucy enjoyed riding her bike, blowing bubbles, and “accidentally” letting the ball roll into the street. I enjoyed cleaning out the inside of my freshly washed car. It was a great afternoon!
Saturday morning we packed up the girls and headed down to my parents’ to drop them off for the night. Emmy was watching a movie on the Kindle, but made sure to bring her binoculars just in case she couldn’t see as far as the headrest.
We made a quick stop to visit with Aunt Judie and Uncle TJ. The girls enjoyed homemade pound cake . . .
. . . hugs . . .
. . . and fidget spinners!
Please ignore my crazy face in this selfie. There’s nothing worse than being the middle person trying to take the selfie . . . and also trying to encourage your children to smile! Not a great angle.
My mom pulled out this giant babydoll that used to be mine when I was little. The girls loved her and named her Clementine.
And here we are headed home sans kiddos!
In case you’re wondering what we did with our 27 hours:
1. We got home and read/took a nice long nap.
2. We drove out to our friends’ house at 5:30 to do drinks and then go out to dinner. Around 6:00 their sweet doggie, who had been super sick and at the vet several times throughout the week, started throwing up and they had to take him to the doggie ER! He ended up having something lodged in his intestine and had to have surgery at 3am! So Matty and I went to dinner by ourselves, which was fine, but we felt so bad for the Heinbuchs and Bogie!
3. We were home from dinner, showered, and in bed watching The Office by 9pm.
4. Slept in until 7:30am on Sunday!!
5. We meal planned and then I went to the grocery while Matty ran to the hardware store.
6. At 10:30 I headed out for a FACIAL and some “me time.” This was my first facial, and it definitely won’t be my last! It was 60 minutes of pure heaven. While I was getting pampered and wandering aimlessly (and kid free!) around the mall, Matty was at home building a shelf in our garage, prepping his lunches for the week, and indulging in nap #2 of the weekend.
7. Around 2:30 I made myself leave the mall, and battled the ridiculous wind to drive down and pick up the girls. And then it was back to our crazy reality!
Lucy apparently woke up super early at my parents’ house, so she didn’t stand a chance on the hour drive home!
It’s Monday, which is my favorite night of the week during Bachelor/Bachelorette season! Anyone else out there watching? Is tonight the night we FINALLY see Colton scale that fence like it ain’t no thang?! I predict no, but I really hope I’m wrong!
Have a great week!
I’ll be back on Wednesday!