Today is my birthday!
I LOVE birthdays. I love to celebrate them and feel extra special for one day of the year, and I love to make other people feel special on their birthdays! Birthdays make me happy!
I thought I’d do something a little different today. Since I’m turning 36 (eek!), I’m going to list 36 facts about me. I had this idea back in October and have been keeping a list on my phone. When I told Matty about it, he rattled off about a dozen right away!
Ok, here goes . . .
- We hardly ever eat fast food, but on the rare occasion we do, I want it to be Arby’s. It is my favorite fast food restaurant ever! Give me a roast beef sandwich, curly fries, and all the Arby’s sauce!
- Both of my pinky fingers bend in slightly . . . and Lucy inherited that trait as well!
- I had kidney stones the summer between junior and senior year of high school. Totally random and totally painful.
- When getting dressed, I have to put my pants on first. Always.
- It is impossible for me to retie only one shoe. If one comes untied, I have to do the other one as well.
- I can’t whistle. At all.
- I love to bake, but I’ve never attempted to make a pie.
- And I cannot make Rice Krispie Treats to save my life. Seriously! I can do cakes and cookies with the best of them, but my RKTs come out hard as rocks every single time!
- I know nothing about politics. And I’m not joking. And I really have no desire to learn much about them. Matty finds this hilarious.
- I HATE ironing and will avoid it at all costs.
- I once had a bird named Mr. Tweeters.
- My favorite show is Veronica Mars. I’ve watched all the seasons four times now.
- The best book I’ve ever read is The Lion’s Game by Nelson DeMille. It’s like 800 pages long, but I was riveted from the very first page. I think I’ve read it three times. It’s the second book in a series, but you don’t have to read the first one in order to enjoy it.
- I have run a half marathon and raced to the top of the Renaissance Center. Given the choice, I’d do the half marathon again. Running up 75 flights of stairs is NO JOKE!
- I will never go camping. Don’t ask me to. No, I don’t care about giving my girls the experience. I’ll teach them how to order room service instead.
- I enjoy No Turn on Red signs. It gives me a minute to just sit there and chill out. haha
- I’m pretty good at tennis and ping pong . . . and have beaten Matty at both!
- I have to wear socks to bed, even in the summer. I usually end up kicking them off in the middle of the night, but I can’t fall asleep without them.
- I hate when the house smells like food after dinner. Especially when I wake up in the middle of the night and can still smell it. We baked fish in the oven the other night, and I’ll never do it again!
- I really don’t care for bacon, but one of my favorite meals ever (the Gnocchi with Rita Sauce at Antonio’s) has bacon in the sauce.
- I worked at Stroh’s Ice Cream Parlor for eight years!
- Matty and I lived in South Korea for six months after we got married.
- Before we had kids, I would read about two books a week. That doesn’t happen now. I try to read a bit before bed, but usually last about two minutes before falling asleep.
- I don’t drink coffee. I wish I did, but I just don’t like the taste.
- I recently kicked my sugar habit, and it was HARD.
- I don’t like my February birthday! It’s hard to ask for clothes because they are all picked over this time of year and in between seasons. The weather is usually bad. I feel blah this time of year. It’s just not an ideal time to be born. Thanks a lot, mom and dad! 🙂
- I’ve been to seven countries: Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Switzerland, and Czech Republic.
- I am a girlie girl and proud of it.
- I love nail polish and don’t feel put together without it. Also, you will NEVER catch me without polish on my toes.
- I would rather be late for something than leave the house without making the bed.
- I love cleaning out my car and other people’s too!
- I wear lotion and perfume everyday. I feel stinky without it!
- I have to plug my nose when I jump into water.
- I eat pizza and cupcakes with a fork, and it drives Matty bonkers! I really don’t like my hands to feel dirty, though.
- I am fascinated by how the mail system works. I’d love to shadow a mailman or UPS driver for a few days.
- I cannot draw to save my life. Seriously. I am very aware that it is not one of the talents God gave me. When I was teaching, I had students fill out end of the year suggestion sheets, and one mean little third grader wrote that I “drew terrible pictures.” Ouch!
So there you have it, everything you wanted to know about me. And probably a lot that you didn’t want to know!
No big plans for my big day. I might take the girls to Costco if I’m feeling daring. Matty is going to pick up some salads for us for dinner, so I’m super pumped to not have to worry about cooking anything.
I’ll be spending my birthday evening on the couch with my favorite guy watching The Bachelor. It doesn’t get better than that!
Have a great week!
Have a great week!
Happy birthday Mol!! You're welcome to have at my mom-van ANYTIME!! Also, Zack has to plug his nose to jump into water too 🙂