Tis the season to start your shopping!
I love scouring websites to get ideas for the girls for Christmas, but I also love getting ideas from other people too. I’ve created a list of some gift ideas that we have for Lucy. A few have been purchased by other family members and the rest are “Saved for Later” in my Amazon cart until Matty and I decide what we want to get her.
This is our third Christmas with Lucy, and every year I tell myself I’m not going to go crazy. But it’s so hard! I can picture her playing with all of these things. Also, color me crazy, but I enjoy getting some new toys to play with as well! haha
If you’re looking for a Christmas gift for a toddler, specifically a girl gift, I hope these ideas make it a little easier!
1. Doll High Chair: This one is definitely getting purchased. Lucy loves taking care of her babies while I take care of Emily, so this high chair will really step up her mama game. There are also tons of baby food accessory kits on Amazon, and we’ll choose one of those for her as well.
2. Doll Car Seat: When we ask Lucy what she wants for Christmas, this is the only thing she’s said so far! I know she’s going to love it, but I also know it’s going to add another ten minutes to my car loading routine. But how can I say no?!
3. LeapFrog Ice Cream Cart: My parents got this for Lucy, and I know she’s going to love it. I saw it in action on Good Morning America last month, and it looks super cool. There are menu ordering cards, and the scoop is magnetic and helps you create different ice cream cone combinations. I think it’ll be a great counting/color activity, but also just super fun to play with!
4. Magformers: I’ve heard great things about these, but we haven’t actually tried them out yet. I’m always on the lookout for something that Lucy can do independently while I’m trying to get dinner ready or feed Emily. I think these will be just what the
tired mama doctor ordered.
5. Tool Set: I’m a huge fan of the Hape brand of toys, and I think Lucy will love this tool set. She really enjoys pretending to fix things like her daddy. I love that it has built in activities with it. I’m very excited about this gift, but maybe ask me again in January and I’ll let you know how my walls are looking!
6. Turtle Purse: Lucy uses one of my old purses all the time, so I thought it was about time for her to get her own. This turtle one is darling, and comes in lots of other shapes too. I was pretty partial to the cupcake , but when I asked Lucy if she liked turtles or cupcake better, she said turtles. So there you have it . . . my super scientific Christmas shopping method. Oh, and the matching wallet is a must!
7. Hopscotch Rug: Lucy currently has “obstacle courses” set up in her room that consist of hopping from hardcover book to hardcover book. I’m thinking this rug will be a little safer, and she’ll be less likely to slip.
8. Shape Beanbags: These just looked super fun and will come in handy while playing with the hopscotch rug . . . I hope. The teacher in me just couldn’t resist!
9. Button Mosaic Art: Again, something a little more educational and practical. I envision us sitting at the table together making pretty pictures. We shall see!
Maybe this helped you cross a thing or two off your list . . . or maybe you’re horrified that I’m talking Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. If that’s the case, then prepare yourself because I’ve got a few more gift idea posts coming in the next week or so!
**This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting the blog!