I put together a selection of some gifts I’ve received this year, given this year, and hope to get this year! With the exception of #8, they are all fun, “frivolous” gifts because, in my opinion, Christmas is a time to ask for fun gifts that make you smile!
1. Philosophy Purity Face Cleanser: I used Aveeno face wash for YEARS. I never felt the need to try anything else. But then I got a sample of Philosophy Purity Face Cleanser with a purchase I had made, and I never looked back. This does a great job of getting all of my makeup off, and it leaves my face feeling nice and clean but not dry or tight.
2. Fossil Purse: This beauty is at the top of my list this year. Have I been a good girl? I did birth a baby this year, and I feel like that should count for something. I guess only time will tell! I usually just throw my wallet, keys, and lip balm in the girls’ diaper bag. However, on the rare occasion that I do get out of the house without the girls, I love to have a purse ready and waiting. I’ve been using a tote style purse for some time now, and I’m excited to (hopefully!!) switch to a cross body.
3. Under Armour Fleece Popover: I actually bought this a few weeks ago, and I LOVE it. I would wear it every day if I could. It’s so cozy and the perfect length. I have the navy blue color, but the black one is calling my name as well.
4. Sperry Quilted Rain Boots: These are, admittedly, a splurge . . . but isn’t that what Christmas is about? Or, in my case, a random day in October? Yep, I ran to 12 Oaks one day and these babies called my name. I’m so glad I didn’t ignore them, because they are awesome! They are so comfy and warm, and I can totally see myself wearing these in the snow as well. Also, in my opinion, they are a little more stylish than Hunter boots, which are great for splashing around the park with your toddler or picking up dog poop in the winter . . . but maybe not so great for going out to dinner on a rainy/slushy night.
5. Vera Bradley Planner: I am a planner girl through and through. You won’t ever catch me plugging something into a list or the calendar on my phone. I have to write it out and get the satisfaction of crossing it off! That being said, I’m also extremely picky about the planner I use. I was in Hallmark the other night and saw this Vera Bradley planner and loved it. If my mom hadn’t already purchased my annual Simplified Planner for me for Christmas, I would definitely choose this one! It’s super cute and a little cheaper than the Simplified Planner. Oops! Sorry, mom!
6. Stitch Fix Subscription: I don’t know much about this except that people pick out my clothes for me and send them to me in the mail! haha In addition to my pre-baby figure, I seem to also have lost my pre-baby style (did I ever really have any??). Unless it involves leggings and a tunic, it’s not really on my fashion radar these days. I think this would be a great way to expand my wardrobe without having to do any work!
7. Nail Polish: You really can’t go wrong with nail polish, and it makes a great stocking stuffer. This color is just begging to be worn in the winter months.
8. Black and Decker Cordless Hand Vac: This was my absolute favorite Christmas gift that I got last year! If you have babies/toddlers/kids/dogs in your house, you need this vacuum! I keep it plugged in behind a table in our living room and grab it all the time to vacuum underneath our kitchen table.
9. Books: I’ve been on a big Kristan Higgins kick lately. Her books kind of play out like Hallmark movies, but that’s exactly what I want when I’m rocking a baby at 3am and trying to stay awake. I’ve read On Second Thought and all of the books in her Blue Heron series. They do not disappoint!
And finally, the must have gift of the holiday season?? . . . .This robe!
I wear a robe every single day. I put it on in the middle of the night when I’m up with one of the girls, and I put it on after my shower in the morning while I get ready. I’ve had many robes in my day, but none have been as amazing as this one. It’s like I’m being wrapped up in a hug by a warm bunny. And you can quote me on that! Just the other night I was rocking Lucy and thought she had fallen asleep. All of a sudden she sat up and said, “Your robe is comfy cozy, Momoozle.” #iknow
Thanks for checking out my gift ideas.
**This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting the blog!