Emily really doesn’t NEED anything for Christmas. Technically, she has all of Lucy’s old toys that she could play with. However, Big Sister Lucy is still working on her sharing skills with her baby sister, so Emily often ends up getting a lot of her toys taken away. I’m hoping that two clear piles of Christmas presents will help Lucy see that some toys are meant for Emily. Or, Lucy might just think she gets all the presents and will want to take all of Emily’s toys away. Only time will tell. Here’s hoping for a Christmas miracle!
Here are some ideas I’ve come up with for sweet Emmy Roses. I tried “not” to think about how much space a toy might take up. The girls’ rooms are very small, and space is an issue, but I’m kind of tired of not getting some cool toys because I think they’re too big. This year, I’m just going for it. Ask me in January how that’s working out for me! 😉
1. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Car: Case and point about not worrying about the size of the gifts. This one is already ordered, and I think it’s going to be a hit. I think we’ll get at least a month or two where we’ll be able to sit Emily inside and she won’t be able to get out. Or maybe just a week or two, but either way I think she’s going to have a good time with this one.
2. Melissa & Doug Pretty Purse: How could I resist?? I know these are just glorified chew toys, but the entire set is so cute . . . and I’m a sucker for anything personalized! I ordered this last week, and I can’t wait to see how it looks!
3. Wooden Activity Cube: Grandma Rita is getting this for Emily. We borrowed one of these cubes from a friend when Lucy was little, and she really enjoyed it. We had to give it back, though, so this is the perfect opportunity to get one for Emily.
4. Follow Me Fiona: We already have two real dogs wandering around the house, so why not throw in this girl as well?! I guarantee Emily will be full blown crawling and cruising after this puppy by Christmas time.
5. Fisher-Price BeatBo: This guy will be coming to Ems courtesy of Oma and Pop. He dances around, plays music, lights up, and has three different levels of baby/toddler appropriate fun.
6. Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle/Teether: This little toy gets great reviews for babies. Emily loves to fiddle with things and puts everything in her mouth, so I think this’ll be a winner.
This one wouldn’t fit nicely into my collage, but it is definitely on our short list.
7. LeapFrog Learning Lights Remote: We have a remote from when Lucy was smaller. Do you think she’ll let Emmy get her sweet little baby hands on it? Nope! This looks super fun, and Christmas is meant for frivolous gifts, right? Right!
I hope you’re making your lists and checking them twice!
**This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting the blog!